Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sarcastic Ramblings


1. What do you do when you see another side to someone you admire and don't know what to make of it? Do you keep an open mind or judge them based on what you see?

2. Ore said I've got another child in me. He was being sarcastic of course. Don't know how we ended up talking about babies. I said he can have that child when he's married...in ten years time. When God said "go forth and multiply", he didn't say it should skip a generation. Abi?
3. Now I remember how Ore and I got to the subject of babies. We were talking about what he wanted to do after graduating. I said he should hurry up oh and get me my island. Ore 'blank stared' me on the phone...Okay it was a pregnant pause. I told him mansions are so yesterday. We need somewhere for my grandchildren to run around. A mansion is not environmentally friendly. Not enough greenery. A private island is where it's at.

4. On Janet Jackson's wedding to come, way to go girl! A woman must know her worth jare. If you must hit it big, do it right. Don't be flogging yourself to Aristos for two thousand naira a night.

5. On miracles: The day Nigerians stop faking them is the same day Nigeria wakes up from sleepwalking poverty of mind and soul.

6. Been a while since I've been here. I do read and comment on blogs though. Hope you're all good?

7 comments:

  1. I'm good and nice to read from you too. Your son is funny, or could he be right? Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Myne, what's that? Ore's not right oh. It's funny though. When he said that, I wondered if I should be offended by his assumption that I was 'exposed' to baby making activities (adult kids are supposed to be embarrassed to think of their parents in that way).

      Delete
  2. Happy new year ma'am.
    yes yes and more yes to number 4
    Ore is funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Luciano, happy new year to you.
      Yes o, a woman must know her worth.

      Delete
  3. Private Island? Lets go there. Pls accept my application as house guest long term. i might just buy the Island next to you :)

    lool@Waiting for miracle.
    Inner child? ha. O da eshi....well unless that's your inner desire too. lol. you might just have a sweetie like me ;) ask my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say about mums though. You're welcome as a house guest or neighbour sha. Inner child...I'll definitely settle for that:)

      Delete
  4. Lol @ your Janet Jackson comment and your son is cute!! Hehehe.

    Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts...