Friday, November 16, 2012
Video: Let's Talk About It - Should A 'Man of God' Own a Private Jet?
I'll make it clear where I stand.
1. It is not okay.
2. It's just wrong.
3. It's mind boggling that in a country crippled with abject poverty, gifting a pastor with a private jet is seen as a wonderful gesture.
4. It's offensive insensitivity to the suffering of majority of the church's members (though they obviously may (and in fact would) disagree.
5. It's just plain greed! If it's not, he should give it back.
6. If there's that much money in the church's account, the church can build schools, hospitals, low cost houses for poor church members who have donated the offerings. THEY need the money. The Pastor gets a generous salary. He does not need the money.
7. AND he most certainly does not NEED a jet!
PS: Thanks to Prism for alerting me to the video. I think other concerned bloggers should post it on their blog. It's time we raised awareness about the obsession with religion in our country. There is faith and there is madness! Please learn to distinguish between the two. This madness must stop.
*E ye gba were m'esin*, I beg you.
*Yoruba: Loosely translates as "stop adding madness to your religion."